ROSSIGNOL’S MYSTERIOUS LIMITED-EDITION BLACKOPS SKIS ARE BUILT FOR AGGRESSIVE ALL-MOUNTAIN FREESTYLE DOMINATION
Very little is known about the exact nature of Rossignol’s mysterious BlackOps skis. Developed in partnership with some of Rossi’s most exciting backcountry freestyle talents – Chris Logan and Parker White – the brand have been keeping schtum publicly about pretty much all of the finer detail. Now that we have them in stock, we can reveal a little more about how they look, feel, ride and measure up – but regardless of the minor points, you can be assured that the BlackOps certainly live up to the hype.
Fat and solid yet playful performance
The 116mm waist version is built for pow. They’re all about taking your aggressive freestyle skills from the park and applying them in the backcountry – with a nicely balanced and neutral ride that lets you express your personality while always being able to do what you need them to do and go where you need them to go.
A versatile hybrid profile that’ll go anywhere
You get around a 5mm height of camber underfoot to keep things lively and help with grip on hard-pack or wind-blown icy slopes, while a nice and equal chunk of rocker (roughly 21% of the length in the tip and tail) keeps things floaty whether you’re travelling regular or switch. They’re about 5mm wider in the nose than they are in the tail with 145 and 140mm widths respectively, and they buck the recent trend for early taper sidecut remaining nice and fat at each end. And despite being described as a “pivoty schmearfest” in terms of sidecut, they’re still plenty composed at speed for an assured and confidence-inspiring ride.
Everyone who’s been on these skis has loved them so far and we reckon they’re going to go quick, so don’t miss out!THE BEST BITS…
- Ample 116mm waist for bags of float
- Versatile hybrid profile with around 58% of the length camber and 21% rocker in tip and tail
- Ever so slightly fatter up front
- Plenty of pivot in the sidecut, but still stable enough at speed
- Stiffer underfoot with more flex in the nose and tail for butters and pop
- Works best with the Look Pivot binding!
- Tip-waist-tail width(mm): 145-116-140
- Rocker-camber-rocker: 21%-58%-21%
- Camber height underfoot: 5mm